- Evidence No.: 727476
- Project Type: Grant / Subsidy
- Project Start Year: 2017
- Project End Year: 2021
- Grant Provider: EU: Horizon 2020
- Grant Recipient: Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT Oy
- Project Partners: Unipetrol výzkumně vzdělávací centrum, a.s., INERATEC, GKN SINTER METALS FILTERS GMBH RADEVORMWALD, DEUTSCHES ZENTRUM FUER LUFT - UND RAUMFAHRT EV, AMEC FOSTER WHEELER ITALIANA SRL, AF-CONSULT OY
- UniCRE Project Leader: Jiří Hájek
COMSYN represents an innovation project which is carried out by research institutes, SME’s and large companies from Finland, Germany, Czech Republic and Italy. The aim of the project is to develop a new BTL production concept that will reduce biofuel production cost up to 35 % compared to today’s routes.
The production concept is based on a conversion of various kinds of biomass residues to intermediate liquid products with small-to-medium scale units located close to biomass resources (10-50 kt/a FT products). The primary conversion (gasification) will be integrated to local heat and power plants resulting in 80 % energy efficiency in biomass utilization. The FT products will be transported to existing oil refineries where they will be refined to high quality drop-in liquid motor fuels.
This communication activity relates to the action COMSYN. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 727476.