- Evidence No.: FR-TI3/253
- Project Type: Grant / Subsidy
- Project Start Year: 2011
- Project End Year: 2014
- Grant Provider: Ministerstvo průmyslu a obchodu ČR
- Grant Recipient: Unipetrol výzkumně vzdělávací centrum, a.s.
- Project Partners: Unipetrol RPA, s.r.o.
- UniCRE Project Leader: Kamil Štěpánek
The project is aimed at the research of the technology of the production of saturated C5 and C4 hydrocarbons or their mixtures utilizable as high quality feedstock for pyrolysis. It is another goal of this project to develop a process of isolation of individual pentanes which can be used as blowing agents in the production of polymeric isolation foams or (possibly) as coolants. Side products from the production of ethylene by pyrolysis will be used as the raw material for the production of said hydrocarbons. Realization of the project results will result in upgrading of some byproducts from the olefin production plant run by UNIPETROL RPA Co, representing also the production of ecological substitutes for Freons, prohibited by the Montreal protocol.