- Evidence No.: FR-TI3/187
- Project Type: Grant / Subsidy
- Project Start Year: 2011
- Project End Year: 2014
- Grant Provider: Ministerstvo průmyslu a obchodu ČR
- Grant Recipient: Unipetrol výzkumně vzdělávací centrum, a.s.
- Project Partners: Kovohutě Příbram nástupnická, a. s.
- UniCRE Project Leader: Ladislav Kudrlička
The proposed program project focuses on research, development, design and practical testing of the most suitable arrangement for the process of separation of heavy metals (HM) from wastewater by reduction-sorption method. Own process of reduction-sorption separation will be held in two stages, in the first stage - HM reduction by metal zinc will be proceed and in the second stage - immobilization of zinc ion by adsorption on natural adsorbent, lignite, (metal ions substitution for calcium and magnesium from the adsorbent matrix). From the solid mixtures of metals and their compounds (after first stage) will be isolated pure salts of HM and from this salts will be extract a pure metals.Used natural sorbent, lignite, will be used as fuel for standard manufacturing operations.