- Evidence No.: ED2.1.00/03.0071
- Project Type: Grant / Subsidy
- Project Start Year: 2010
- Project End Year: 2015
- Grant Provider: Ministerstvo školství, mládeže a tělovýchovy ČR
- Grant Recipient: Unipetrol výzkumně vzdělávací centrum, a.s.
- UniCRE Project Leader: Milan Petrák
The strategic goal of the UniCRE (UNIPETROL Centre of Research and Education) is to contribute to the maintaining and strengthening of chemical research and education in the Czech Republic and to enhance its quality to the European level.
UniCRE will focus on the following research areas:
- technologies of efficient and environmentally-friendly utilization of carbon-containing energy raw materials for production of clean automotive fuels,
- technologies for preparation of raw materials for production of advanced polymer materials,
- sustainable utilization of renewable raw materials and harmful emissions abatement.
The following partial objectives were set to achieve the strategic goal of the Centre: to purchase buildings with appropriate parameters and location to be rebuild into a modern research centre, to equip the renovated building with adequate necessary research infrastructure, to renovate the out-of-date experimental facilities, to build new experimental units suitable to study/develop/optimize/demonstrate relevant chemical technologies, to set up competent research teams and administrative/managerial support teams, to increase the quality and experience of the research teams by special training/internships in academia and/or industry, to conduct applied research in the fields of interest with increasing efficiency and quality, to innovate chemical technologies with the aim to improve their safety, to reduce their environmental impact, to increase efficiency of utilization of feedstocks/energies, to improve the economics of technologies by better utilization of by-products and waste streams, to increase knowledge transfer among the research programs and deepening their cooperation, to participate in education of young researchers, in collaboration with educational institutions, to increase involvement in research programs at national and European level, to increase the number of cooperating industrial and academic partners.