- Evidence No.: LM2015039
- Project Type: Grant / Subsidy
- Project Start Year: 2016
- Project End Year: 2019
- Grant Provider: Ministerstvo školství, mládeže a tělovýchovy ČR
- Grant Recipient: Unipetrol výzkumně vzdělávací centrum, a.s.
- UniCRE Project Leader: František Svoboda
The purpose of the project is to provide the material and staffing operating of the CATPRO in years 2016 – 2019. The RI CATPRO addresses closely one of the main challenges in research of catalytic process, i.e. the scale up of these processes from technology readiness level (TRL) 2-3 up to TRL 6, which is a crucial step in their development and in bringing the processes to the market. CATPRO provides techniques not only for the scale up of the catalysts, but also for testing their long-term activity (including its stability), advance products characterization and demonstrating the technical feasibility of the processes using commercial-size catalysts. A comprehensive approach to the research of catalytic processes that RI CATPRO offers is unique in this respect at European level.
Infrastructure CATPRO has instrumentation for areas closely associated with the development of complex catalysts:
- Synthesis and preparation of catalysts,
- Catalyst shaping,
- Catalyst Testing and processes development, and
- Identification of products.
The testing facilities, the core of CATPRO, involve sixteen universal units equipped with process analyzers and control system. This equipment is unique in a frame of Central Europe.
The main objectives of CATPRO are:
- to provide the necessary developmental and experimental facilities and know-how to Czech and foreign researchers from non-business sphere,
- to act as a research platform for researchers with similar research focus,
- to contribute to the competitiveness of the economy and sustainability energy and material resources of the Czech Republic.
In addition to these technical attributes CATPRO also brings interconnection fundamental and applied research, the opportunity for practical training of graduate students, support of networking of academic and industrial partners, reducing fragmentation in research of heterogeneous catalysis and strengthen of the international cooperation.