- Evidence No.: 709493
- Project Type: Grant / Subsidy
- Project Start Year: 2016
- Project End Year: 2019
- Grant Provider: EU: Horizon 2020
- Grant Recipient: THE UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM
- Project Partners: Unipetrol výzkumně vzdělávací centrum, a.s., ESTRA ENERGY TECHNOLOGY STRATEGIES LTD, VYZKUMNY USTAV PRO HNEDE UHLI AS, SOLUCIONES CATALITICAS IBERCAT SL, MOTOR OIL (HELLAS) DIILISTIRIA KORINTHOU AE, Laboratorio Nacional de Energia e Geologia I.P, ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS, CIEMAT, UNIVERSITY OF ULSTER
- UniCRE Project Leader: José Hidalgo, Radek Černý
DIRPRIMCOAL is a research project with the goal to improve the feasibilty and environmental performance of direct coal liquefaction (DCL) without the need for extremely large-scale plant and with a focus on low-rank and perhydrous coals (including wastes). The primary DCL products will be then investigated as a raw material for a co-processing with petroleum fractions in existing refinery facilities. The test programme will cover both catalytic cracking and hydrocracking of heavy fractions and a hydro-isomerisation of the naphtha. The research will identify and implement the improvements that need to be made to existing catalysts to optimally co-process heavy coal liquids and petroleum fractions.
This communication activity relates to the action DIRPRIMCOAL. This project has received funding from the Research Fund for Coal and Steel under grant agreement No 709493.